- Synergize can support multiple Storage Profiles per Repository.
- All profiles are active for retrieval however there is always only ONE storage profile active for writing.
- Local and Network (UNC) storage profiles are supported
- Mapped drives are not recommended in the configuration
Provisioning for Large Volumes:
- In most cases customers prefer to avoid continually adding drives to their existing configuration
- Synergize supports multiple profiles this facilitates customers planning for increased volumes by creating a folder structure that accounts for years and quarters within the years (Fig 3.).
- The profiles can be created in advance (Fig 4.)
Activating a Storage Profile
- Synergize connects to the Storage Profiles each time a document is saved
- No down time is required to change an active profile.
- User merely needs to select the appropriate profile and activate it; (Fig. 1) the next document stored will now be saved to the newly activated profile.
Moving a Storage Profile
- Copy the entire contents of the Profile to the new Location.
- Verify the file and folder counts
- Ensure that the Account running the COM+ object has the same rights and access to the files and folders in the new drive as it had on the previous drive.
- Modify the Profile to point to the new location (Fig.6 & Fig. 7)
- Test and verify that you have access to the documents via Synergize.
- Remove the documents from the old storage location