Domain name has been changed and users can no longer use Synergize
The Synergize EMC (Enterprise Management Console) and general security has not been updated to reflect the change.
Note: If using a version of Synergize older then version 13 the COM+ Application and COM+ Admin identities need to be re-entered.
1. Open Component Services.
2. Navigate to COM+ Applications and look for Synergize and SynergizeMgmt objects.
3. Select properties of Synergize and click the Identity tab.
4. Re-enter the credentials with new domain.
5. Repeat steps 3,4 to change identity password for SynergizeMgmt.
Changes in Synergize EMC
1. Launch Synergize EMC (Enterprise Management Console) as administrator and click SCS and click Stop (Make sure Stop is grayed out).
2. Select your Deployment Profile and click Security Model.
3. Select the current Security Provider change the domain name to the new domain where old domain is used.
-Make sure Activate Security Provider is checked.
4. Select Synergize Users and ensure the Synergize Username field is mapped to an account in the new domain.
- Repeat step 4 for all Synergize Users
5. Relaunch EMC to get new Deployment ID.
6. Please contact Microdea support to update your licence with new Deployment ID.
7. Restart SCS to make new licence effective.
8. Navigate to Repositories and then for each repository select Security... . From Security... update Access to reflect new domain if necessary by removing old domain user/groups then adding the same users/groups with the new domain.
9. Navigate to Repositories and then for each repository select Security... . From Security... update Groups to reflect new domain if necessary by removing old domain user/groups then adding the same users/groups with the new domain.
10. Navigate to Repositories and for each repository select Advanced. Select the Default ACL tab and then remove old domain users/groups. Afterwards add the same users/groups and ensure they are assigned the same permissions. Next to the Add/Remove button the drop down allows you to assign access permissions to users/groups.
11. Check the User Groups for the repository and update the Users/Groups tab to reflect the new domain name by removing then adding the same the users/groups.
12. Delete all records from DocACL table.
- Connect to SQL
- Select your repository and look for DocACL Table and right click "Edit Top 200 Rows"
- Select all rows and hit delete to delete all rows in DocACL Table.
13. Open http://<servername>/synergize/workflow.html site in a web browser.
1.Log in as Primary User and for each workflow scenario
2 Select the latest version and hit OK.
3 Select the workflow queue properties and navigate to users tab.
4. Add same users and groups from new domain and remove users/groups with old domain.
5. Repeat step 4,5 for all workflow queues.
6. Save and Activate workflow to reflect the new changes.