This article will help move the SQL database from one HDD location to another.
You must backup all databases prior to performing the steps below.
During this process, all Synergize users and applications will be disconnected. It is highly recommended performing these steps during off peak hours.
1. SCS (Synergize Connection Service) must be stopped before starting the process. In order to do that, Open Synergize EMC (Enterprise Management Console) -> Click SCS -> Click Stop
1. Backing up the databases is a must in case something goes wrong. In order to back up the database, open Microsoft SQL management studio -> right click the database -> click tasks -> click backup -> choose the directory where the file needs to be stored -> click OK to start the process.
2. Default location where databases are stored after backup process C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftSQLServer\MSSQL12.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\Backup
3. Perform the steps for all the databases (deployment and repositories).
MOVING THE DATABASE
1. Locate the default location where databases are stored (ex. C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftSQLServer\MSSQL12.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA)
2. After creating a successful backup, we have to detach the database using the Microsoft SQL management studio.
Right click the database -> Click tasks -> Detach -> select drop option if all the active connections needs to be stopped while detach process is on -> click OK to detach the database.
3. Once the database has been detached, now locate the database files (from #1 above) and move all files to the desired location.
4. Next, Open up Microsoft SQL management again and right click on the 'Databases' node -> Click on 'Attach' -> locate the new directory this time and select the database files. It should list all the database files in that particular directory.
5. Once the process is complete, start the Synergize Connect Service and verify that all databases (a.k.a. Repositories) are accessible prior to letting users back into Synergize. Once you have confirmed this, start all other application services (ex. SPS)