This article describes how to create a System DSN on a Windows desktop. During migrations to newer operating systems the creation of the DSN maybe essential for Synergize Indexing scenarios to function.
1. Determine if the operating system is 32 bit or 64 bit. This can be done by navigating to the Control Panel. Afterwards select System and Security and then go to System.
Note: If PC is a 32 bit system the odbcad32 executable file is located in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory
2. Launch the odbcad32 executable located in the C:\ Windows\ System32 directory
3. Navigate through the ODBC Data Source Administrator to the System DSN tab and select the Add... button.
4. Select SQL Server and then click the Finish button.
5. Using the Create a New Data Source SQL Server window fill in the blank fields. Afterwards select the Next button.
Note: If the DSN is a being setup on a machine as a replica of one existing on an older workstation then fill-in fields as done in the previous DSN.
6. Select the second radio button and enter a log-in account with enough permissions to connect to the SQL server.
7. Navigate to the database where the table is located and select the Next button.
8. Test the connection and afterwards select the Finish button.