This article describes how to create Document Views to restrict user access to particular document types in Synergize.
1. Log on to the server hosting Synergize EMC and navigate to the Repository containing the document types. Afterwards from that repository window select Advanced from the menu and navigate to the General tab. Using the General tab's window from the drop down select In_DocTypeName and enable Document Grouping.
2. In the General tab's window set Records Management View to View ALL and afterwards click OK.
3. Using the Repository's node navigate to Document Groups. Using the top panel and click yellow icon to launch the creation window for Document Groups. Enter a name for the Document Group and add document types to the group. Click the OK button when finished.
Note: Multiple Document Groups can be created using the same process which can later be restricted in Document Views
4. Using the Repository's node navigate to Document Views. Using the top panel click the red icon. Enter a name for the Document View and add Document Groups to the Document View. Click OK when finished.
Note: Multiple Document Views can be created using the same process
5. Using the Repository's node navigate to User Groups. Using the top panel click the people icon enter a name for the User Group and then navigate to the Users/Groups tab. Add Active Directory accounts to the User Group. Navigate to the Group Views tab and add Document Views to the User's Group. Click OK when finished
Note: Multiple User Groups can be created using the same method. Users not listed in User Groups will not have access to Synergize. If AD users are listed twice the User Group with the most restrictive permission takes precedence.